| This Month Special!
Hard to beat value
Stunning 0.72 ct diamond
in modern minimalistic
Palladium Engagement Rings
Palladium Engagement Rings is the first "palladium only" online jewelry retailer. Palladium is not just an emerging segment of our jewelry inventory - it is our only segment with full focus entirely on it. Palladium Engagement Rings was founded as a result of full recognition of the amazing properties and expansion prospects of palladium The global economic downfall on the other hand, generated the need for easy on the pocket, good quality genuine product and this just balanced the two sides of the equation. We decided to focus entirely on palladium jewellery convinced that this is the near future default white metal for fine jewellery. It just has all the right qualities.
What is Palladium?
Palladium is a precious metal from the Platinum Group Metals (PGM) also known as "noble" metals, due to their high resistance to corrosion. Being part of the PGM's, palladium bears remarkable resemblance to platinum, both physically and chemically with two major differences: the weight and the price. Palladium has the lowest density from the noble metals (a fraction heavier than 9k gold) and is currently very reasonably priced. With this two differences in place palladium jewellery offers drastically reduced cost and unrealistically low price tag. This is probably going to change soon as the demand for palladium is growing fast. It is already big in USA, Japan and Europe. We just have to look some 15 years back to see parallel in the emerging of platinum as jewelry media, its immediate acceptance and the surging prices that followed. Platinum is now undeniably accepted as superior to white gold and the only reason it did not break the gold’s long time dominance is its much higher price. The good news is that palladium has the right price too. It was not however always moderately priced. Just a few years ago, at the end of 2001, palladium was more expensive than both - gold and platinum, and considering its increasing popularity, it is quite possible to spring back there.
While the only advantage of palladium against platinum is the cost, it is by far superior to any white gold alloy:
• Palladium is a noble metal. It doesn't tarnish or change its colour when worn.
• Palladium has naturally white colour and does not require rhodium plating as white gold does. Rhodium plating is not permanent and eventually wears off exposing the real yellowish - grayish color of the white gold alloy.
• Palladium is harder and far more abrasion resistant than white gold resulting in longer lasting engagement rings.
• Palladium retains its original "crisp" finish much longer than the white gold.
• Palladium as Platinum has the best mechanical properties for strong and secure gem setting.
• Palladium as Platinum is used in its almost pure form. Standard alloy is 95% with 5% ruthenium and/or iridium, also platinum group metals. The highest purity white gold is 18k containing only 75% fine gold.
• Palladium and the other "noble" metals are hypoallergenic. Many white gold alloys contain nickel, a metal which is known to cause allergic reactions.
• Palladium is one of only 4 metals that has an ISO currency code. The other 3 metals are gold, silver and platinum.
Palladium has all the right qualities to be the first white metal of choice for fine jewellery but it lacks popularity. Being new as solo fine jewellery media, this wonderful noble metal is still to be discovered by the mainstream jewellery buyer. Be one of the first to break the undue dominance of the white gold and take advantage of the incredibly low current prices for your new engagement ring.
What do we offer ?
We offer: engagement rings
• Trendy innovative diamond designs encompassing different styles and price brackets
• New exciting precious metal that finally seems to have all the right qualities
• Value for money oriented diamond choice focusing on the actual appearance rather than marketing gimmicks
• High quality craftsmanship
• 30 day money back guarantee to ensure your total satisfaction
• Easy to navigate, highly informative web site where you can actually buy jewellery
• Latest state of art 3D security for guaranteed safe transaction
• No nonsense customer service policy
• Free personalized professional advice
• Free shipping within South Africa
• Impossible to beat prices
In a nutshell we offer genuine, good quality product and professional service at unrealistically low price. The collections on this site are carefully designed in order to utilize best the properties of palladium and give you exceptionally high value for money. This is our own line of jewellery, created for this web site and many of the designs you will find only here
Welcome to the world of incredibly well priced fine jewellery
and engagement rings
Here is some information about me
My name is Vasco Kirov
Designing and manufacturing high quality jewelry is my passion and what I do for living for more than 18 years. The number of jewelry pieces that came out of my own bench is well over 2000, and I am still designing and making jewelry in my studio in Cape Town / South Africa as a full time job. I have been awarded with numerous prestigious awards for excellence in diamond jewelry design and have written an e-book on the subject of understanding and appreciating fine jewelry. My knowledge comes from my own experience, which enables me to give you solid practical advise on every aspect concerning fine jewelry, especially Engagement Rings.
My jewelry design awards